Rev. Daniel L. Sonnenberg, MDiv, BA, BS
Hi there! I’m Dan Sonnenberg, an American missionary, pastor and church musician.
I’m also the guy behind We Are His Workmanship (DanSonnenberg.com).
This website is representative of much of my life’s work.
I write about my missionary work in Latin America, theology, church life, church music and more.
And here I publish sermons I have preached as well as audio and video recordings of choral works I have conducted and solo-duo vocal works my wife, Beth, and I have recorded.
- Website We Are His Workmanship
- Regional Director: Timothy Two Project International in Latin America
- Timothy Two in Latin America Blog
- Timothy Two Project Facebook
- MDiv, Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando, FL, 2004
- Post-graduate work in the Master of Church Music (MCM) in Choral Conducting program, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, 1995-1997
- BA, cum laude, Vocal Music Performance, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 1983
- BS, cum laude, with honors in Marine Biology, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 1978
- Attended Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, 1972-1974
- Diploma, Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green, OH, 1972
- Ordained as a Pastor (Teaching Elder) in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, October 2005.
- Pastoral Care Coordinator, Myrtle Grove Presbyterian Church, Wilmington, NC, 2018 – present
- Instructor & Regional Director: Latin America, Timothy Two Project International, 2016 – present
- Lead Pastor, Stonebridge EPC, Perrysburg, OH, 2011-2015
- Assistant Pastor of Worship and Discipleship, Myrtle Grove EPC, Wilmington, NC, 2007-2010
- Assistant Pastor of Worship and Discipleship, North Grove EPC, Wilmington, NC, 2005-2006
- Director of Music and Arts, Myrtle Grove EPC, Wilmington, NC, 1982-2001
- Born in Napoleon, OH, 1954
- Parents Otis and Lois (Benzino) Sonnenberg
- Grandparents Ted and Amelia (Badenhop) Sonnenberg of Holgate, OH
- Grandparents Frank and Margaret (Cain) Benzino of Tonawanda, NY
- Married Elizabeth S. (Beth) Sonnenberg at Myrtle Grove Presbyterian Church, Wilmington, NC, Rev. Horace Hilton officiating, 1978
- Two sons born 1986 and 1989
- Photography, music, bicycling, blogging, journaling, woodworking, house painting and repairs