Workshops in Latin America 2016-2019
During the past four years 2016-2019, Timothy Two Project International has provided theological education to hundreds of ministry leaders in Latin America through a series of four workshops for pastors and church leaders and one workshop for children’s ministry leaders. These workshops are taught by both International Instructors and National Missionary Partners. We give thanks to God and to the faithful donors and prayer partners who have made this possible.
Each workshop trains a group of 10-15 church leaders in the fundamentals of the Christian faith including important topics of doctrinal theology, practical theology and teaching methods. Every participant receives a printed workbook in their own language. These workbooks contain the entire text, illustrations, review questions and application questions that participants can use for further study and for teaching others in their own church, small group or mission. Participants also receive a digital file of each workbook so that they can make fresh copies for their students.
2016 Totals: 2 workshops, 2 countries, 24 participants
- In 2016, God opened the door to Latin America for Timothy Two. As the first Instructor, I (Dan) taught 2 workshops in 2 different countries – Colombia (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 24 pastors and church leaders.
2017 Totals: 9 workshops, 4 countries, 63 participants
- In 2017, I taught 7 workshops in 4 different countries – Cuba (4), Belize (1), El Salvador (1) and Peru (1) – training a total of 45 pastors and church leaders.
- My wife, Beth Sonnenberg, taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry and 1 workshop for music ministry leaders in Cuba – training a total of 18 leaders.
2018 Totals: 17 workshops, 5 countries, 107 participants
- In 2018, I taught 10 workshops in 5 different countries – Cuba (2), Belize (2), Peru (2), El Salvador (2) and Haiti (2) – training a total of 60 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 4 workshops for children’s ministry leaders in 3 different countries – Cuba (2), Peru (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 40 leaders.
- International Instructor Don Johnson taught 3 workshops in Cuba – training a total of 7 pastors and church leaders.
2019 Totals: 18 workshops, 10 countries, 162 participants
- By the end of 2019, I will have taught 8 workshops in 7 different countries – Belize (1), Cuba (1), El Salvador (1), Ecuador (1), Peru (1), Colombia (1) and Dominican Republic (2) – training a total of 95 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry leaders in the Dominican Republic – training a total of 12 leaders.
- 0ur Latin American National Missionary Partners (indigenous pastors trained and funded by Timothy Two) will have taught 9 workshops in 3 different countries – Cuba (5), Chile (3), and El Salvador (1) – training a total of 65 pastors and church leaders.
2016-2019 Grand Totals: 46 workshops, 10 countries, 219 participants
Summary: During the past four years, the combined efforts of International Instructors and National Missionary Partners will have completed a total of 46 workshops in 10 Latin American countries providing theological education to over 200 pastors and ministry leaders who would otherwise have no access to such training. And each of these leaders, in turn, is equipped to train others in their church, community and nation using the materials provided by Timothy Two. In this way, the Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations” is being fulfilled in this region of the world. To God be the glory!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…” ~ 2 Timothy 2:2
God has opened doors to 6 countries – circled in white below – of the 13 nations in South America. Timothy Two Project International is currently working in Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Chile. And we are making plans to begin work in Argentina and Brazil in 2020. See below how God is sending the training into the jungle, to various indigenous people groups, to expatriate people, to working-class married couples, and to the (southern) ends of the earth.
Peru: training in the city and the jungle
In July, I completed training the 1st “generation” of participants in Lima (below).
|Pastor Luis is training the 2nd “generation” of participants in his church in Lima (below).|
Some of the 2nd “generation” participants from Pastor Luis’ church are training 3rd “generation” participants in two villages in the Peruvian jungle (below).
Ecuador: training the indigenous Quichua people
A church planted in Guayaquil by the indigenous Quichua people from the Ecuadorian highlands hosted our first workshop in June. Quichua women performed a traditional dance and song for their Father’s Day fellowship. Quichua song and dance video.
Ecuadorian workshop participants (below). Women are in traditional dress.
Argentina: to train the indigenous Toba people
We have been invited to teach workshops among the indigenous Toba people of Rio Villa Bermejito in the Chaco province of northern Argentina. We are praying for a Spanish-English interpreter to be found who can help us begin workshops in 2020. (Below right) Toba ladies performing a traditional dance.
Brazil: to train expatriate Haitians
We have been invited by Pastor Ronald Fracius (below) to teach workshops in a Haitian community in the city of Braco do Norte in southern Brazil. Many Haitians have left their homeland for better opportunities in other countries. We are praying for a French-English or Creole-French-English interpreter so that we can begin workshops there in 2020.
Colombia: training working-class married couples
I am currently conducting the first workshop in Cartagena. These leaders (below) work full-time jobs in addition to their church responsibilities, so we are training in the evenings and on the weekend. I was delighted to learn that among the 15 participants are 6 married couples. They have asked for more people to come and train them and for our children’s ministry leader training.
Chile: training to the ends of the earth
In May, National Missionary Partner, Helmuth Aguilar, traveled 3900 miles from his current home in El Salvador to his native country of Chile to conduct three workshops in the cities of Osorno and Llanquihue (below). Chile is the southernmost nation in South America and even claims territory in Antarctica!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”~ 2 Timothy 2:2