- Latest News
- Photo Gallery
- About Timothy Two
- 2019-2020 Workshop Schedule
- Travel & Speaking Calendar
- Latin American National Missionary Partners
- Workshops Completed
- Workshops Underway
- How to Support This Ministry
- Contact Us
- Newsletter Archive
As Instructors with Timothy Two, Beth and I equip Latin American pastors, church leaders and children’s ministry leaders with the fundamentals of the Christian faith so that they, in turn, can equip others.
I also serve as the Regional Director for Latin America to coordinate the work of our National Missionary Partners, other International Instructors and Interns who serve in the nations of Central America, South America the Caribbean Islands and Mexico.
December 12, 2019
- Timothy Two annual online magazine Alere (2019 edition) with news from Asia, Latin America and Africa.
- December 12 newsletter with links to Alere 2019.
- Newsletter Training Children’s Ministry Leaders, Dominican Republic Report, Internships, 2020 Workshop Schedule
- New article Timothy Two’s Workshop for Children’s Ministry Leaders
- New article Timothy Two in Latin America 2016-2019: 200+ Leaders in 10 Countries Receive Theological Education in 46 Workshops
- Dan and Beth’s upcoming teaching trips scheduled:
- Guayaquil, ECUADOR – January 26-February 2 (Dan & Beth)
- Cartagena, COLOMBIA – March 18-25 (Dan & Beth)
- Villa Rio Bermejito, ARGENTINA – May 18 – 25 (Dan)
- La Romana, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – August 1-9 (Dan)
About Timothy Two
Timothy Two Instructors equip pastors and ministry leaders in the majority world who do not have access to formal theological training. We utilize a small-group-teaching-and-discussion method in which participants, after studying the lesson, develop their own culturally appropriate illustrations and applications. This not only trains them in systematic and practical theology, but also equips them to train others.
- Our Calling: 2 Timothy 2:2, “…what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
- Our Mission: To train national pastors and church leaders in developing nations in the essential doctrines of the faith and to equip them to train others.
- Our Vision: To see the global church of Jesus Christ equipped for the effective ministry of the gospel throughout the world, irrespective of geographical, cultural, financial or political challenges.
- Our Curriculum: Timothy Two Curriculum: Growing in Grace Series Table of Contents lists the theological topics we teach in the four workshops.
- Financial Accountability: Timothy Two is an evangelical, Reformed ministry, organized as a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, non-profit missions organization, accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- Visit us: Timothy Two Project International
2019-2020 Workshop Schedule
Below are the dates of scheduled workshops by me and Beth and our National Missionary Partners from the current date in 2019 through the middle of 2020. Also listed are proposed workshops that have not yet been scheduled.
- Dec 1-8: Santa Tecla, EL SALVADOR (*Helmuth Aguilar)
- Dec 9-13: Trujillo, PERU (*Reynaldo Rubio)
- Jan 25-Feb 1: Guayaquil, ECUADOR (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg)
- Jan 20-27: Managua, NICARAGUA (*Leonel De La Rosa)
- Jan or Feb: Baracoa, CUBA (*Leo Padrino/Esdras Richardson)
- Mar 19-26: Cartagena, COLOMBIA (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg)
- May 17-26: Villa Rio Bermejito, ARGENTINA (Dan Sonnenberg)
- August 1-9: La Romana, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (Dan/Beth S.)
- **TBD: Jacmel, HAITI (*Lucien Joseph)
- **TBD: Palmira, CUBA (*Ariandys Aguiar)
- **TBD: Osorno & Llanquihue, CHILE (*Helmuth Aguilar)
- **TBD: EL SALVADOR (*Herbert Portan)
*NMP. A National Missionary Partner (NMP) is an indigenous pastor that we have trained who is now working in other cities within his or her own country or in a neighboring country.)
**TBD. Dates for these workshops are still To Be Determined (TBD) .
Jean Prevald, Dominican Republic
“Thank you to God for what he has done in my life. And I want to thank Pastor Wisly Denis who is always in our favor to increase day by day our knowledge in spiritual things. And thank you Pastor Dan for coming to clarify many things about God. Your coming isn’t in vain. We all benefit in many ways from the Holy Spirit through you. May God bless all your family.”
Rosa Lina Palacios, El Salvador
“The seminars have been a great blessing to my life and my family. I have a lot to teach my little daughter, who is now 6 years old, about walking with God and about the work of the Lord. It has been a great tool to teach in my church with the young people. In fact there are new youth leaders that are being equipped with this knowledge though this material. I have been using it also to train teachers from Sunday school in our church. By this means we are spreading the teaching we have received and the teachers can share this with the children they have in Sunday school.”
For details about our past teaching trips, see the Newsletters section below. To receive news about future trips click here to sign up for our email newsletter.
- Timothy Two’s Workshop for Children’s Ministry Leaders
- Timothy Two in Latin America 2016-2019: 200+ Leaders in 10 Countries Receive Theological Education in 46 Workshops
- South American Pastors and Ministry Leaders Hungry for Theological Training
- Timothy Two Training Goes into the Peruvian Jungle
- Testimonials from Cuba
- Testimonials from Dominican Republic Pastors
- Testimonials from El Salvador Workshop Participants
- Advantages and Funding of “National Missionary Partners”
- Training Children’s Ministry Leaders in Latin America: Beth’s article describing the methods she uses.
- Why We Serve with Timothy Two
- Timothy Two Curriculum: Growing in Grace Series Table of Contents: lists the theological topics we teach in the four workshops.
- Equipping Pastors in Cuba, Part 4: photos and report from my fourth teaching trip and Beth’s first teaching trip to Cuba
- Equipping Pastors in Cuba, Part 1: God Opens a Door into Cuba: article about our first trip to equip pastors in Cuba.
Dan & Beth’s Travel & Speaking Calendar
- Prayer requests concerning my preparation, travel, teaching and post-trip activities.
- If you have a Google calendar, items from this calendar can be copied to yours. Just click on any item then select “copy to my calendar.”
National Missionary Partners
National Missionary Partners, with training and financial support from Timothy Two, teach workshops in other cities within their own countries as well as in neighboring countries.
Workshop Series Completed
~ Church Leaders Workshop Series Completed
- Havana, Cuba (Group 1): Completed 2017
- Havana, Cuba (Group 2): Completed 2018
- Independence, Belize: Completed 2019
- Las Tunas, Cuba: Completed 2019
- Santa Tecla, El Salvador: Completed 2019
- Pamplona Alta, Peru: Completed 2019
~ Children’s Leaders Workshops Completed
- Havana, Cuba (Group 1): Completed 2017
- Havana, Cuba (Group 2): Completed 2018
- Palmira, Cuba: Completed 2018
- Pamplona Alta, Peru: Completed 2018
- Jacmel, Haiti: Completed 2018
Workshop Series Underway
~ Church Leaders Workshop Series Underway
- Jacmel, Haiti
- Palmira, Cuba
- La Romana, Dominican Republic
- Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Llanquihue & Osorno, Chile
How to Support this Ministry
- Rev. Daniel L. (Dan) Sonnenberg, M.Div. & Beth Sonnenberg, B.A.
- Instructor and Regional Director: Latin America
- Email: email@example.com
- US Cell: +1-910-274-1470
- Skype: dansonnenberg123
- Whatsapp: +1 (829) 677-5822
- 12/3/2019: Training Children’s Ministry Leaders, Dominican Republic Report, Internships, 2020 Workshop Schedule
- 10/29/2019: Plans For Upcoming Workshops Fall 2019, Winter-Spring 2020. Beth is back in the saddle teaching workshops in Dominican Republic, Ecuador and Colombia in the coming months. And our Latin American National Missionary Partners are on the move as well.
- 8/20/2019: Pastors Hungry for Training in South America. Updates on the work in Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Chile.
- 7/13/2019: July News from Latin America. Updates on Ecuador, Peru, Cuba, Chile, Haiti.
- 5/5/2019: Participant Testimonials from El Salvador. Seven participants share their thoughts and feelings after completing all four workshops.
- 4/14/2019: Upcoming Trip to El Salvador and 2019 Teaching Schedule
- 4/7/2019: First Latin American National Missionary Partners Deployed in Cuba
- 2/24/2019: Report on fourth and final workshop in Belize
- 12/20/2018: Timothy Two’s First Digital Magazine “Alere”
- 12/11/2018: Report on Fall Trips to Peru, El Salvador, Haiti and What’s New in 2019
- 8/27/2018: Fall 2018 Teaching Trip Schedule
- 7/12/2018: El Salvador Report, Upcoming Trips & New Venues.
- 5/12/2018: God’s Provision and Protection in Haiti.
- 4/24/2018: Peru trip report: pastors’ and children’s ministry leaders’
workshops. Beth accompanied me to Peru to teach her workshop.
- 3/29/2018: Video of our commissioning service at Myrtle Grove Presbyterian. Newsletter contains a link to the service in which Beth and I were formally commissioned as missionaries by our home church in North Carolina.
- 3/19/2018: Belize trip report, upcoming Peru trip. Info, photos and videos from two workshops taught in Belize and dates for upcoming workshops in Peru for me and Beth.
- 2/7/2018: Cuba Trip report. Beth and I taught 4 workshops in two different parts of the country.
- 11/23/17: Completed First Workshop, “Knowing God,” in Peru and El Salvador. Report on Peru and El Salvador trips, upcoming trip to Cuba and other plans for 2018.
- 10/20/17: Completed First Workshop, “Knowing God,” in Belize. Report on Belize trip.
- 9/9/17: Preparing for Teaching Trips to 5 Countries. Report on upcoming trips to Belize, Peru, El Salvador, Cuba and Haiti.
- 6/27/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 4, “Serving God,” Awarded Certificates in Biblical and Theological Foundations. Report on fourth trip to Cuba including Beth’s work teaching children’s ministry and music ministry leaders.
- 5/19/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 3, “Trusting God.” Report on third trip to Cuba, includes participant prayer requests and video about their families and ministries.
- 4/15/17: Preparing for Cuba Workshop 3. Prayer requests for upcoming trip.
- 3/30/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 2, “Loving God.” Report and pastor testimonials of how they are already teaching Timothy Two material in their churches and neighborhood.
- 1/29/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God.” Report on training the first group of pastors in Cuba (includes videos of pastor testimonials, music, walking the streets of Havana and more).
- 12/15/16: Preparing for Cuba, Mexico, Belize and Other Prayer Requests. Describes preparations for teaching in Cuba, Mexico, Belize and other items.
- 8/20/16: Colombian Pastors & Church Leaders Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God.” Report after training pastors in Colombia.
- 7/20/16: Haitian Pastors & Ministry Leaders Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God.” Report after training leaders in Haiti.
- 6/26/16: Teaching Trips to Haiti and Colombia Set for July and August Describes preparations for teaching in Haiti and Colombia.
- 4/20/16: Preparing for Colombia, Pursuing Other Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean. Discusses some of the other nations we hope to reach.
- 3/30/16: Vietnamese & Burmese Pastors Complete Workshop 2, “Loving God.” Report after completing my internship in Vietnam and training pastors in Burma.
- 2/5/16: Preparing for Vietnam & Burma. Describes preparations for Vietnam and Burma.
- 1/21/16: Our Beginning with Timothy Two. Describes how I was called to serve in this ministry.
“…what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”~ 2 Timothy 2:2