Equipping Pastors and Ministry Leaders in Latin America
As Instructors with Timothy Two, Beth and I equip Latin American pastors, church leaders and children’s ministry leaders with the fundamentals of the Christian faith so that they, in turn, can equip others.
I also serve as the Regional Director to coordinate the work of our National Missionary Partners, other International Instructors, and Interns who serve in the nations of Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean Islands.
My 2019 Teaching Trip Schedule
- February 11-16: Independence, Belize
- March 18-23: Las Tunas, Cuba
- April 15-20: Santa Tecla, El Salvador
- May 20-25: La Romana, Dominican Republic
- June 14-20: Guayaquil, Ecuador
- July 15-20: Pamplona Alta, Peru
- August 16-22: Cartagena, Colombia
- September 16-21: Palmira, Cuba
- November 1-6, Jacmel, Haiti
We are also making plans for new workshops in Villa Rio Bermejito, Argentina and Braco du Norte, Brazil in 2020 as soon as interpreters are found.
Rosa Lina’s Testimonial
“In my personal experience, the Timothy Two seminar has helped me to teach my daughter’s father (he was not a believer). But now, by the grace of God, he attends church, he is now a member of the congregation with us and is receiving doctrinal studies in our church. Now he supports my every activity in the church I am involved in and he is participating, too. The seminars have been a great blessing to my life and my family. I have a lot to teach my little daughter, who is now 6 years old, about walking with God and about the work of the Lord. It has been a great tool to teach in my church with the young people. In fact there are new youth leaders that are being equipped with this knowledge though this material. I have been using it also to train teachers from Sunday school in our church. By this means we are spreading the teaching we have received and the teachers can share this with the children they have in Sunday school.”
Jose Antonio’s Testimonial
“These workshops have helped us in our spiritual life and are adapted to persons like us who have no academic degrees. They cause us to learn, they enrich our faith, they have trained us to teach others, and they help us practice what we have learned in our spiritual life. We have gained a strong assurance of what we are studying from the materials. We are so thankful for the missionary that comes from North America to train us.”
Recent Teaching Trips
Timothy Two Instructors equip pastors and ministry leaders in the majority world who do not have access to formal theological training. We utilize a small-group-teaching-and-discussion method in which participants, after studying the lesson, develop their own culturally appropriate illustrations and applications. This not only trains them in systematic and practical theology, but also equips them to train others.
For details about our past teaching trips, see the Newsletters section below. To receive news about future trips click here to sign up for our email newsletter.
- Testimonials from El Salvador Workshop Participants
- Advantages and Funding of “National Missionary Partners”
- Training Children’s Ministry Leaders in Latin America: Beth’s article describing the methods she uses.
- Why We Serve with Timothy Two
- Timothy Two Curriculum: Growing in Grace Series Table of Contents: lists the theological topics we teach in the four workshops.
- Equipping Pastors in Cuba, Part 4: photos and report from my fourth teaching trip and Beth’s first teaching trip to Cuba
- Equipping Pastors in Cuba, Part 1: God Opens a Door into Cuba: article about our first trip to equip pastors in Cuba.
About Timothy Two:
- Our Calling: 2 Timothy 2:2, “…what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
- Our Mission: To train national pastors and church leaders in developing nations in the essential doctrines of the faith and to equip them to train others.
- Our Vision: To see the global church of Jesus Christ equipped for the effective ministry of the gospel throughout the world, irrespective of geographical, cultural, financial or political challenges.
- Our Curriculum: Timothy Two Curriculum: Growing in Grace Series Table of Contents lists the theological topics we teach in the four workshops.
- Financial Accountability: Timothy Two is an evangelical, Reformed ministry, organized as a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, non-profit missions organization, accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- Visit us: Timothy Two Project International
- Dan Sonnenberg, Instructor and Regional Director: Latin America
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: +1-910-274-1470
- Beth Sonnenberg, Children’s Ministries and Music Ministries Instructor
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell: +1-910-619-4329
Travel & Prayer Calendar:
- Prayer requests concerning my preparation, travel, teaching and post-trip activities.
- If you have a Google calendar, items from this calendar can be copied to yours. Just click on any item then select “copy to my calendar.”
- 5/5/2019: Participant Testimonials from El Salvador. Seven participants share their thoughts and feelings after completing all four workshops.
- 4/14/2019: Upcoming Trip to El Salvador and 2019 Teaching Schedule
- 4/7/2019: First Latin American National Missionary Partners Deployed in Cuba
- 2/24/2019: Report on fourth and final workshop in Belize
- 12/20/2018: Timothy Two’s First Digital Magazine “Alere”
- 12/11/2018: Report on Fall Trips to Peru, El Salvador, Haiti and What’s New in 2019
- 8/27/2018: Fall 2018 Teaching Trip Schedule
- 7/12/2018: El Salvador Report, Upcoming Trips & New Venues.
- 5/12/2018: God’s Provision and Protection in Haiti.
- 4/24/2018: Peru trip report: pastors’ and children’s ministry leaders’
workshops. Beth accompanied me to Peru to teach her workshop.
- 3/29/2018: Video of our commissioning service at Myrtle Grove Presbyterian. Newsletter contains a link to the service in which Beth and I were formally commissioned as missionaries by our home church in North Carolina.
- 3/19/2018: Belize trip report, upcoming Peru trip. Info, photos and videos from two workshops taught in Belize and dates for upcoming workshops in Peru for me and Beth.
- 2/7/2018: Cuba Trip report. Beth and I taught 4 workshops in two different parts of the country.
- 11/23/17: Completed First Workshop, “Knowing God,” in Peru and El Salvador. Report on Peru and El Salvador trips, upcoming trip to Cuba and other plans for 2018.
- 10/20/17: Completed First Workshop, “Knowing God,” in Belize. Report on Belize trip.
- 9/9/17: Preparing for Teaching Trips to 5 Countries. Report on upcoming trips to Belize, Peru, El Salvador, Cuba and Haiti.
- 6/27/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 4, “Serving God,” Awarded Certificates in Biblical and Theological Foundations. Report on fourth trip to Cuba including Beth’s work teaching children’s ministry and music ministry leaders.
- 5/19/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 3, “Trusting God.” Report on third trip to Cuba, includes participant prayer requests and video about their families and ministries.
- 4/15/17: Preparing for Cuba Workshop 3. Prayer requests for upcoming trip.
- 3/30/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 2, “Loving God.” Report and pastor testimonials of how they are already teaching Timothy Two material in their churches and neighborhood.
- 1/29/17: Cuban Pastors Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God. Report on training the first group of pastors in Cuba (includes videos of pastor testimonials, music, walking the streets of Havana and more).
- 12/15/16: Preparing for Cuba, Mexico, Belize and Other Prayer Requests. Describes preparations for teaching in Cuba, Mexico, Belize and other items.
- 8/20/16: Colombian Pastors & Church Leaders Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God.” Report after training pastors in Colombia.
- 7/20/16: Haitian Pastors & Ministry Leaders Complete Workshop 1, “Knowing God.” Report after training leaders in Haiti.
- 6/26/16: Teaching Trips to Haiti and Colombia Set for July and August Describes preparations for teaching in Haiti and Colombia.
- 4/20/16: Preparing for Colombia, Pursuing Other Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean. Discusses some of the other nations we hope to reach.
- 3/30/16: Vietnamese & Burmese Pastors Complete Workshop 2, “Loving God.” Report after completing my internship in Vietnam and training pastors in Burma.
- 2/5/16: Preparing for Vietnam & Burma. Describes preparations for Vietnam and Burma.
- 1/21/16: Our Beginning with Timothy Two. Describes how I was called to serve in this ministry.