Daniel L. Sonnenberg, Regional Director for Timothy Two Project International in Latin America
Timothy Two Project International offers workshops in foundational Christian doctrines and practical theology for pastors and ministry leaders as well as a workshop for children’s ministry leaders. All the workshops are translated into various languages for use in Africa, Asia and Latin America. There are also advanced workshops for pastors and ministry leaders. See details below.
“Growing in Grace,” 4-Part Workshop Series for Pastors and Ministry Leaders
Timothy Two Instructors teach an initial four-part series of workshops entitled “Growing in Grace” for pastors and ministry leaders. Each workshop has 21 lessons and can be taught in three to five or more days depending on the context.
- Knowing God: His Divine Attributes (Theology Proper). God is Trinity, self-existent, infinite, eternal, unchanging, self-sufficient, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, great, sovereign, all-wise, good, loving, gracious, jealous, just, true and holy.
- Loving God: Transformed from Darkness to Light (Anthropology, Christology, Soteriology, Pneumatology). The doctrine of man, sin and depravity. The doctrine of Christ: Jesus as the God-man, his state of humiliation, his state of exaltation, his role as Prophet, as Priest, as King and his atonement. Soteriology and pneumatology: election, effective calling, regeneration, repentance, faith, justification, adoption, baptism of the Spirit, sanctification, perseverance and glorification.
- Trusting God: Practicing Kingdom Living in Relationships, Social Issues and Personal Issues (Practical Theology 1). What the Bible says about husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, children, friends, church, the world, government authority, divorce, sexual sin, homosexuality, abortion, work, money, oaths and vows, fear, sickness, grief, suicide and death.
- Serving God: Serving in the Church, the Community and the World (Practical Theology 2). Serving God as a pastor, elder, deacon, teacher, in cell groups, men’s ministries, women’s ministries, youth ministries, children’s ministries, through worship, hospitality, giving, by meeting material needs of others, promoting justice, working unto the Lord, living as “salt and light,” through prayer, through humility, by sending missionaries, by going as missionaries, discerning your call to serve.
- On Mission with God: Exploring our Role in God’s Mission. (used in some locations instead of 4 above) God’s plan, discerning the voice of God, dependence on the Spirit, being witnesses, cultural considerations, the consummation of God’s plan.
Advanced Workshops for Pastors and Ministry Leaders
After a group of pastors and ministry leaders completes the initial series of four workshops above, other workshops listed below are available. And more workshops are in development.
- New! Re-Forma Outcomes. Re-Forma has developed 35 outcomes (click the link to see the Outcomes), which reflect what they believe pastors need to be able to know, do and be. Those providers who already have a curriculum may only need to supplement their existing outcomes with any they have not done in the list, while new providers will do all 35. In both cases, however, students need to show that they have successfully demonstrated all the outcomes before being awarded the Certificate of Biblical Training for Ministry.
- How to Understand the Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- Paul’s Letters to the Churches
- Church Planting
- Pastoral Counseling
- Marriage and Family
“Developing Children’s Ministry” Workshop for Children’s Ministry Leaders
Other Timothy Two Instructors teach this workshop specifically for children’s ministry leaders. These lessons can be taught in three to five or more days depending on the context.
Part 1: Teaching Children
- Why do we do children’s ministry?
- Leading a child to Christ using the Gospel in colors
- Learning styles
- Age-group characteristics
- Classroom discipline
- Classroom management ideas
- Model Lesson 1 – God is Unchanging
- Bible-based activities
- Assorted teaching tips
Part 2: Teaching a Class
- The big story of the Bible
- Bible topics to teach our children
- Teacher preparation for teaching a bible story
- Preparing a lesson plan
- Telling a good story
- Developing curriculum
- Curriculum development – The Fall
- Curriculum development – The Baptism of Jesus
- Curriculum development – The Teachings of Jesus
- Model Lesson 2 – Knowing God
- Model Lesson 3 – God is Holy
- Model Lesson 4 – God is All-Powerful
- Model Lesson 5 – God is Loving
Part 3: Developing Lessons on Key Topics
- The Establishment of the Kingdom of David
- The Day of Pentecost – “God is All-Present”
- Saul’s Conversion – “God is Gracious”
- The Exodus – “God is Great”
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus – “God is Just”
- Background Scriptures for teacher preparation
- Curriculum topic sheet (30 lessons – 13 characteristics of God)
- Curriculum planning sheets for one year
- Lesson plan master sheet
- Teacher study sheet
Contact your Regional Director for more information on these workshops.
- For Africa contact Bryan Slater (email@example.com).
- For Asia contact Steve Curtis (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Latin America contact Dan Sonnenberg (email@example.com).
“…what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”2 Timothy 2:2