Workshops in Latin America 2016-2019
During the past four years 2016-2019, Timothy Two Project International has provided theological education to hundreds of ministry leaders in Latin America through a series of four workshops for pastors and church leaders and one workshop for children’s ministry leaders. These workshops are taught by both International Instructors and National Missionary Partners. We give thanks to God and to the faithful donors and prayer partners who have made this possible.
Each workshop trains a group of 10-15 church leaders in the fundamentals of the Christian faith including important topics of doctrinal theology, practical theology and teaching methods. Every participant receives a printed workbook in their own language. These workbooks contain the entire text, illustrations, review questions and application questions that participants can use for further study and for teaching others in their own church, small group or mission. Participants also receive a digital file of each workbook so that they can make fresh copies for their students.
2016 Totals: 2 workshops, 2 countries, 24 participants
- In 2016, God opened the door to Latin America for Timothy Two. As the first Instructor, I (Dan) taught 2 workshops in 2 different countries – Colombia (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 24 pastors and church leaders.
2017 Totals: 9 workshops, 4 countries, 63 participants
- In 2017, I taught 7 workshops in 4 different countries – Cuba (4), Belize (1), El Salvador (1) and Peru (1) – training a total of 45 pastors and church leaders.
- My wife, Beth Sonnenberg, taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry and 1 workshop for music ministry leaders in Cuba – training a total of 18 leaders.
2018 Totals: 17 workshops, 5 countries, 107 participants
- In 2018, I taught 10 workshops in 5 different countries – Cuba (2), Belize (2), Peru (2), El Salvador (2) and Haiti (2) – training a total of 60 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 4 workshops for children’s ministry leaders in 3 different countries – Cuba (2), Peru (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 40 leaders.
- International Instructor Don Johnson taught 3 workshops in Cuba – training a total of 7 pastors and church leaders.
2019 Totals: 18 workshops, 10 countries, 162 participants
- By the end of 2019, I will have taught 8 workshops in 7 different countries – Belize (1), Cuba (1), El Salvador (1), Ecuador (1), Peru (1), Colombia (1) and Dominican Republic (2) – training a total of 95 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry leaders in the Dominican Republic – training a total of 12 leaders.
- 0ur Latin American National Missionary Partners (indigenous pastors trained and funded by Timothy Two) will have taught 9 workshops in 3 different countries – Cuba (5), Chile (3), and El Salvador (1) – training a total of 65 pastors and church leaders.
2016-2019 Grand Totals: 46 workshops, 10 countries, 219 participants
Summary: During the past four years, the combined efforts of International Instructors and National Missionary Partners will have completed a total of 46 workshops in 10 Latin American countries providing theological education to over 200 pastors and ministry leaders who would otherwise have no access to such training. And each of these leaders, in turn, is equipped to train others in their church, community and nation using the materials provided by Timothy Two. In this way, the Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations” is being fulfilled in this region of the world. To God be the glory!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…” ~ 2 Timothy 2:2
A number of participants shared their thoughts and feelings after completing the series of four pastors’ workshops in Santa Tecla, El Salvador.
“I give thanks to the Lord and to the brothers and sisters that are part of Timothy Two, God bless them all. And to the many collaborators and missionaries that are spreading this teaching around the world. I want to share what this workshop has done for us. It brings a lot of knowledge in the Word of God to every student. These are some of the things I have learned:
- I have learned to worship God, to be in love with Him, and that causes us to be more willing to obey, and we praise Him.
- I have learned how to guide a group of people under my charge. It has caused us to put in order the work of God, and it has taught me the requirements that every leader must have.
- I have learned how to evangelize non-believers, and also about the spiritual gifts we have received from the Lord. This workshop challenges me with the help of God to serve others with love.
- I thank all the sisters and brothers – my fellow participants in the class – because by being in the workshop together we have learned from each other.”
“In my personal experience, the Timothy Two seminar has helped me to teach my daughter’s father (he was not a believer). But now, by the grace of God, he attends church, he is now a member of the congregation with us and is receiving doctrinal studies in our church. Now he supports my every activity in the church I am involved in and he is participating, too. The seminars have been a great blessing to my life and my family. I have a lot to teach my little daughter, who is now 6 years old, about walking with God and about the work of the Lord. It has been a great tool to teach in my church with the young people. In fact there are new youth leaders that are being equipped with this knowledge though this material. I have been using it also to train teachers from Sunday school in our church. By this means we are spreading the teaching we have received and the teachers can share this with the children they have in Sunday school.”
Read about my first teaching trips to these countries.