By Daniel L. Sonnenberg | June 2015
God uses many differing means to lead his people to their next ministry positions. And it’s been said that it’s not so much what you know as it is who you know that often opens such doors. So I’m reaching out to those of you who know the Lord and who know me because I am currently seeking a new ministry position that combines the following elements:
- Preaching/teaching – preaching and/or teaching expositionally through the Bible from a Reformed perspective to equip the saints for ministry;
- Pastoral care – providing pastoral care for and developing ever-deepening relationships with a local community of believers;
- Music – leading and directing music for worship and inspiration using both traditional and contemporary styles and forms;
- Christian community development – serving a distinct community of chronically disadvantaged people in the place where they live over an extended period of time through asset-based community development to assist them in bettering the quality of their own lives spiritually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Church revitalization – adopting the Great Commission as the mission of the local church and engaging in an ongoing process of discerning, performing and evaluating the particular work God is accomplishing through that church, in that community, at that time.
Leave a Reply