Below are all the workshops and conferences scheduled in Latin America for 2020 to date. Included are workshops taught by me and Beth as well as our National Missionary Partners (*NMPs). I will also help represent Timothy Two at our denomination’s General Assembly in June. All those indicated “Wrkshp 1” are new groups of pastors and ministry leaders beginning their training in 2020.
- Jan 13-17: Trujillo, PERU (*NMP Reynaldo Rubio) Wrkshp 1
- Jan 19-Feb 1: Santa Tecla, EL SALVADOR (*NMP Helmuth Aguilar) Wrkshps 1, 2
- Jan 20-27: Managua, NICARAGUA (*NMP Leonel De La Rosa) Wrkshp 1
- Jan 25-Feb 1: Guayaquil, ECUADOR (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 2, Children’s Ministry
- Feb 10-24: Baracoa, CUBA (*NMPs Leo Padrino/Esdras Richardson) Wrkshps 1, 2
- Mar 19-26: Cartagena, COLOMBIA (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg and Intern Dale Brown) Wrkshp 2, Children’s Ministry
- May 17-26: Villa Rio Bermejito, ARGENTINA (Dan Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 1
- Jun 23-27: Memphis, TENNESSEE (Dan Sonnenberg helping with Timothy Two display table at EPC General Assembly)
- Jul 20-26: La Romana, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 3, Children’s Ministry
- Oct 12-16: Panama City, PANAMA (Dan Sonnenberg attending conference of 400-500 pastoral trainers working in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- **TBD: Jacmel, HAITI (*NMP Lucien Joseph) Wrkshp 4
- **TBD: Palmira, CUBA (*NMP Ariandys Aguiar) Wrkshps 2, 3, 4
- **TBD: Osorno & Llanquihue, CHILE (*NMP Helmuth Aguilar) Wrkshps 3, 4
- **TBD: San Salvador, EL SALVADOR (*NMP Herbert Portan) Wrkshp 1
- **TBD: Sanatio de Sonomoro & Cashingarani, PERU (*NMP Luis Rojas Espinoza) Wrkshp 2
* NMP. A National Missionary Partner (NMP) is a trusted indigenous pastor who has completed all four workshops and is being sent by Timothy Two to other parts of his nation or neighboring nations to teach the workshops.
**TBD. Date to be determined.
The new edition of Alere, Timothy Two’s annual digital magazine is now available!
You may recall that alere is a Latin word that can mean “to nourish,” “to educate,” or “to cherish.” This sums up what this ministry is all about! We want to nourish people in their faith, teach them about God’s Word, and – above all – let them know that they are cherished – by us and by Christ Jesus, who loved them enough to redeem them from the power of sin and death!
Click here to read the magazine online.
Or click here to download it to your phone, tablet or computer.
Timothy Two Project International offers a workshop especially for children’s ministry leaders which includes many principles and techniques for adapting our theology courses for adult pastors and ministry leaders to various age levels of children. Below is an outline of the course.
Contact International Director Steve Curtis (firstname.lastname@example.org) about inviting Timothy Two to teach workshops in your city or region.
Part 1: Teaching Children
- Why do we do children’s ministry?
- Leading a child to Christ using the Gospel in colors
- Learning styles
- Age-group characteristics
- Classroom management ideas
- Model Lesson 1 – God is Unchanging
- Bible-based activities
- Assorted teaching tips
Part 2: Teaching a Class
- The big story of the Bible
- Bible topics to teach our children
- Teacher preparation for teaching a bible story
- Preparing a lesson plan
- Telling a good story
- Developing curriculum
- Curriculum development – The Fall
- Curriculum development – The Baptism of Jesus
- Curriculum development – The Teachings of Jesus
- Model Lesson 2 – Knowing God
- Model Lesson 3 – God is Holy
- Model Lesson 4 – God is All-Powerful
- Model Lesson 5 – God is Loving
Part 3: Developing Lessons on Key Topics
- The Establishment of the Kingdom of David
- The Day of Pentecost – “God is All-Present”
- Saul’s Conversion – “God is Gracious”
- The Exodus – “God is Great”
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus – “God is Just”
- Background Scriptures for teacher preparation
- Curriculum topic sheet (30 lessons – 13 characteristics of God)
- Curriculum planning sheets for one year
- Lesson plan master sheet
- Teacher study sheet
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”~ 2 Timothy 2:2
Workshops in Latin America 2016-2019
During the past four years 2016-2019, Timothy Two Project International has provided theological education to hundreds of ministry leaders in Latin America through a series of four workshops for pastors and church leaders and one workshop for children’s ministry leaders. These workshops are taught by both International Instructors and National Missionary Partners. We give thanks to God and to the faithful donors and prayer partners who have made this possible.
Each workshop trains a group of 10-15 church leaders in the fundamentals of the Christian faith including important topics of doctrinal theology, practical theology and teaching methods. Every participant receives a printed workbook in their own language. These workbooks contain the entire text, illustrations, review questions and application questions that participants can use for further study and for teaching others in their own church, small group or mission. Participants also receive a digital file of each workbook so that they can make fresh copies for their students.
2016 Totals: 2 workshops, 2 countries, 24 participants
- In 2016, God opened the door to Latin America for Timothy Two. As the first Instructor, I (Dan) taught 2 workshops in 2 different countries – Colombia (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 24 pastors and church leaders.
2017 Totals: 9 workshops, 4 countries, 63 participants
- In 2017, I taught 7 workshops in 4 different countries – Cuba (4), Belize (1), El Salvador (1) and Peru (1) – training a total of 45 pastors and church leaders.
- My wife, Beth Sonnenberg, taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry and 1 workshop for music ministry leaders in Cuba – training a total of 18 leaders.
2018 Totals: 17 workshops, 5 countries, 107 participants
- In 2018, I taught 10 workshops in 5 different countries – Cuba (2), Belize (2), Peru (2), El Salvador (2) and Haiti (2) – training a total of 60 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 4 workshops for children’s ministry leaders in 3 different countries – Cuba (2), Peru (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 40 leaders.
- International Instructor Don Johnson taught 3 workshops in Cuba – training a total of 7 pastors and church leaders.
2019 Totals: 18 workshops, 10 countries, 162 participants
- By the end of 2019, I will have taught 8 workshops in 7 different countries – Belize (1), Cuba (1), El Salvador (1), Ecuador (1), Peru (1), Colombia (1) and Dominican Republic (2) – training a total of 95 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry leaders in the Dominican Republic – training a total of 12 leaders.
- 0ur Latin American National Missionary Partners (indigenous pastors trained and funded by Timothy Two) will have taught 9 workshops in 3 different countries – Cuba (5), Chile (3), and El Salvador (1) – training a total of 65 pastors and church leaders.
2016-2019 Grand Totals: 46 workshops, 10 countries, 219 participants
Summary: During the past four years, the combined efforts of International Instructors and National Missionary Partners will have completed a total of 46 workshops in 10 Latin American countries providing theological education to over 200 pastors and ministry leaders who would otherwise have no access to such training. And each of these leaders, in turn, is equipped to train others in their church, community and nation using the materials provided by Timothy Two. In this way, the Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations” is being fulfilled in this region of the world. To God be the glory!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…” ~ 2 Timothy 2:2
These comments were voiced at the conclusion of Workshop 1, “Knowing God” for pastors and “Developing Children’s Ministry” for children’s ministry leaders in Palmira, Cuba.
- “This material is easy to understand and deep.”
- “To gather material of this type is complicated, lots of work, this is a good tool.”
- “I like the dynamic in the meeting. Other conferences are ok, but this is superior.”
- “It is good to hear from one another, we encourage and edify one another.”
- “It is not just an intellectual meeting, it is edification.”
- “Most methods are merely listening with few opportunities to interact, this method includes much discussion.”