Click here to see Third Millenium Ministry’s many courses. Study the Bible anywhere at any time. Choose from hundreds of video lessons. Also includes audio lessons, manuscripts and study guides.
In each nation where I have taught all four workshops – Cuba, Belize, Peru and El Salvador – God has called one or two pastors (and some of their wives) to travel to other villages, towns and cities in their own nation to train more pastors.
But now we need help to fund their work. All of our current donors are giving to the account called “Sonnenberg” to support our training the first generation of pastors and ministry leaders in each nation.
In order for these “National Missionary Partners” to train the second generation of pastors, we need a separate stream of donations flowing into the account called “Latin America.”
Below I explain who they are, what they do, and the significant benefits of utilizing these indigenous pastors to help us achieve our goal of training pastors where there is little or no formal theological education available.
Latin American National Missionary PartnersContinue reading
Below are all the workshops and conferences scheduled in Latin America for 2020 to date. Included are workshops taught by me and Beth as well as our National Missionary Partners (*NMPs). I will also help represent Timothy Two at our denomination’s General Assembly in June. All those indicated “Wrkshp 1” are new groups of pastors and ministry leaders beginning their training in 2020.
- Jan 13-17: Trujillo, PERU (*NMP Reynaldo Rubio) Wrkshp 1
- Jan 19-Feb 1: Santa Tecla, EL SALVADOR (*NMP Helmuth Aguilar) Wrkshps 1, 2
- Jan 20-27: Managua, NICARAGUA (*NMP Leonel De La Rosa) Wrkshp 1
- Jan 25-Feb 1: Guayaquil, ECUADOR (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 2, Children’s Ministry
- Feb 10-24: Baracoa, CUBA (*NMPs Leo Padrino/Esdras Richardson) Wrkshps 1, 2
- Mar 19-26: Cartagena, COLOMBIA (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg and Intern Dale Brown) Wrkshp 2, Children’s Ministry
- May 17-26: Villa Rio Bermejito, ARGENTINA (Dan Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 1
- Jun 23-27: Memphis, TENNESSEE (Dan Sonnenberg helping with Timothy Two display table at EPC General Assembly)
- Jul 20-26: La Romana, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (Dan/Beth Sonnenberg) Wrkshp 3, Children’s Ministry
- Oct 12-16: Panama City, PANAMA (Dan Sonnenberg attending conference of 400-500 pastoral trainers working in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- **TBD: Jacmel, HAITI (*NMP Lucien Joseph) Wrkshp 4
- **TBD: Palmira, CUBA (*NMP Ariandys Aguiar) Wrkshps 2, 3, 4
- **TBD: Osorno & Llanquihue, CHILE (*NMP Helmuth Aguilar) Wrkshps 3, 4
- **TBD: San Salvador, EL SALVADOR (*NMP Herbert Portan) Wrkshp 1
- **TBD: Sanatio de Sonomoro & Cashingarani, PERU (*NMP Luis Rojas Espinoza) Wrkshp 2
* NMP. A National Missionary Partner (NMP) is a trusted indigenous pastor who has completed all four workshops and is being sent by Timothy Two to other parts of his nation or neighboring nations to teach the workshops.
**TBD. Date to be determined.
The new edition of Alere, Timothy Two’s annual digital magazine is now available!
You may recall that alere is a Latin word that can mean “to nourish,” “to educate,” or “to cherish.” This sums up what this ministry is all about! We want to nourish people in their faith, teach them about God’s Word, and – above all – let them know that they are cherished – by us and by Christ Jesus, who loved them enough to redeem them from the power of sin and death!
Click here to read the magazine online.
Or click here to download it to your phone, tablet or computer.
We can take a tip from our brother in the faith, the Apostle Paul, on this! First, read through his prayer for the believers in the city of Colosse.
“9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”Colossians 1:9-14
How to pray for other believers (v 9)
1) Pray regularly – “we have not ceased to pray for you;”
2) Pray for knowledge of God’s will in their lives – “that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.”
The purpose of praying for others – to promote godly living (vv 10-14)
1) That they might live to please God – “so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him:” by…
- Spreading the gospel through their words and deeds – “bearing fruit in every good work;”
- Continuing to grow in their faith – “and increasing the in the knowledge of God;”
- Depending on God for strength – ” being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might;”
2) That they might have endurance, patience and joy – “for all endurance and patience with joy;”
3) That they might give thanks to God for his many blessings – “giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
It’s amazing that when we simply pray regularly for our brothers and sisters to know God’s will for their lives, He will show them by means of his Word and Spirit how to live godly lives that spread the gospel, grow in faith, depend on God’s strength, manifest endurance, patience and joy and give thanks to God for all He has done.
On Thanksgiving Day last year, Beth and I drove to Ohio to see my dad before he died a few days later. This year, on the anniversary of his death, I’m getting in touch with the grief of his loss in an even deeper way. And though it’s hard, it’s also good…to remember the many times we enjoyed together with him…to weep and to rejoice.
(In memory of Otis Henry Sonnenberg, 10/21/1924 – 11/27/2018.)
Timothy Two Project International offers a workshop especially for children’s ministry leaders which includes many principles and techniques for adapting our theology courses for adult pastors and ministry leaders to various age levels of children. Below is an outline of the course.
Contact International Director Steve Curtis (firstname.lastname@example.org) about inviting Timothy Two to teach workshops in your city or region.
Part 1: Teaching Children
- Why do we do children’s ministry?
- Leading a child to Christ using the Gospel in colors
- Learning styles
- Age-group characteristics
- Classroom management ideas
- Model Lesson 1 – God is Unchanging
- Bible-based activities
- Assorted teaching tips
Part 2: Teaching a Class
- The big story of the Bible
- Bible topics to teach our children
- Teacher preparation for teaching a bible story
- Preparing a lesson plan
- Telling a good story
- Developing curriculum
- Curriculum development – The Fall
- Curriculum development – The Baptism of Jesus
- Curriculum development – The Teachings of Jesus
- Model Lesson 2 – Knowing God
- Model Lesson 3 – God is Holy
- Model Lesson 4 – God is All-Powerful
- Model Lesson 5 – God is Loving
Part 3: Developing Lessons on Key Topics
- The Establishment of the Kingdom of David
- The Day of Pentecost – “God is All-Present”
- Saul’s Conversion – “God is Gracious”
- The Exodus – “God is Great”
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus – “God is Just”
- Background Scriptures for teacher preparation
- Curriculum topic sheet (30 lessons – 13 characteristics of God)
- Curriculum planning sheets for one year
- Lesson plan master sheet
- Teacher study sheet
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”~ 2 Timothy 2:2
Workshops in Latin America 2016-2019
During the past four years 2016-2019, Timothy Two Project International has provided theological education to hundreds of ministry leaders in Latin America through a series of four workshops for pastors and church leaders and one workshop for children’s ministry leaders. These workshops are taught by both International Instructors and National Missionary Partners. We give thanks to God and to the faithful donors and prayer partners who have made this possible.
Each workshop trains a group of 10-15 church leaders in the fundamentals of the Christian faith including important topics of doctrinal theology, practical theology and teaching methods. Every participant receives a printed workbook in their own language. These workbooks contain the entire text, illustrations, review questions and application questions that participants can use for further study and for teaching others in their own church, small group or mission. Participants also receive a digital file of each workbook so that they can make fresh copies for their students.
2016 Totals: 2 workshops, 2 countries, 24 participants
- In 2016, God opened the door to Latin America for Timothy Two. As the first Instructor, I (Dan) taught 2 workshops in 2 different countries – Colombia (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 24 pastors and church leaders.
2017 Totals: 9 workshops, 4 countries, 63 participants
- In 2017, I taught 7 workshops in 4 different countries – Cuba (4), Belize (1), El Salvador (1) and Peru (1) – training a total of 45 pastors and church leaders.
- My wife, Beth Sonnenberg, taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry and 1 workshop for music ministry leaders in Cuba – training a total of 18 leaders.
2018 Totals: 17 workshops, 5 countries, 107 participants
- In 2018, I taught 10 workshops in 5 different countries – Cuba (2), Belize (2), Peru (2), El Salvador (2) and Haiti (2) – training a total of 60 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 4 workshops for children’s ministry leaders in 3 different countries – Cuba (2), Peru (1) and Haiti (1) – training a total of 40 leaders.
- International Instructor Don Johnson taught 3 workshops in Cuba – training a total of 7 pastors and church leaders.
2019 Totals: 18 workshops, 10 countries, 162 participants
- By the end of 2019, I will have taught 8 workshops in 7 different countries – Belize (1), Cuba (1), El Salvador (1), Ecuador (1), Peru (1), Colombia (1) and Dominican Republic (2) – training a total of 95 pastors and church leaders.
- Beth taught 1 workshop for children’s ministry leaders in the Dominican Republic – training a total of 12 leaders.
- 0ur Latin American National Missionary Partners (indigenous pastors trained and funded by Timothy Two) will have taught 9 workshops in 3 different countries – Cuba (5), Chile (3), and El Salvador (1) – training a total of 65 pastors and church leaders.
2016-2019 Grand Totals: 46 workshops, 10 countries, 219 participants
Summary: During the past four years, the combined efforts of International Instructors and National Missionary Partners will have completed a total of 46 workshops in 10 Latin American countries providing theological education to over 200 pastors and ministry leaders who would otherwise have no access to such training. And each of these leaders, in turn, is equipped to train others in their church, community and nation using the materials provided by Timothy Two. In this way, the Great Commission to “make disciples of all nations” is being fulfilled in this region of the world. To God be the glory!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…” ~ 2 Timothy 2:2
God has opened doors to 6 countries – circled in white below – of the 13 nations in South America. Timothy Two Project International is currently working in Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Chile. And we are making plans to begin work in Argentina and Brazil in 2020. See below how God is sending the training into the jungle, to various indigenous people groups, to expatriate people, to working-class married couples, and to the (southern) ends of the earth.
Peru: training in the city and the jungle
In July, I completed training the 1st “generation” of participants in Lima (below).
|Pastor Luis is training the 2nd “generation” of participants in his church in Lima (below).|
Some of the 2nd “generation” participants from Pastor Luis’ church are training 3rd “generation” participants in two villages in the Peruvian jungle (below).
Ecuador: training the indigenous Quichua people
A church planted in Guayaquil by the indigenous Quichua people from the Ecuadorian highlands hosted our first workshop in June. Quichua women performed a traditional dance and song for their Father’s Day fellowship. Quichua song and dance video.
Ecuadorian workshop participants (below). Women are in traditional dress.
Argentina: to train the indigenous Toba people
We have been invited to teach workshops among the indigenous Toba people of Rio Villa Bermejito in the Chaco province of northern Argentina. We are praying for a Spanish-English interpreter to be found who can help us begin workshops in 2020. (Below right) Toba ladies performing a traditional dance.
Brazil: to train expatriate Haitians
We have been invited by Pastor Ronald Fracius (below) to teach workshops in a Haitian community in the city of Braco do Norte in southern Brazil. Many Haitians have left their homeland for better opportunities in other countries. We are praying for a French-English or Creole-French-English interpreter so that we can begin workshops there in 2020.
Colombia: training working-class married couples
I am currently conducting the first workshop in Cartagena. These leaders (below) work full-time jobs in addition to their church responsibilities, so we are training in the evenings and on the weekend. I was delighted to learn that among the 15 participants are 6 married couples. They have asked for more people to come and train them and for our children’s ministry leader training.
Chile: training to the ends of the earth
In May, National Missionary Partner, Helmuth Aguilar, traveled 3900 miles from his current home in El Salvador to his native country of Chile to conduct three workshops in the cities of Osorno and Llanquihue (below). Chile is the southernmost nation in South America and even claims territory in Antarctica!
” …what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also…”~ 2 Timothy 2:2
On August 14, I embarked on my first trip to Cartagena, COLOMBIA to teach Workshop #1, “Knowing God,” a study of the attributes of God, with a new group of pastors and church leaders. Workshop coordinator is Pastor Rafael Meza Batista (pictured here with his family, 2nd from right). Please keep us in your prayers this week August 14-22. TimothyTwo.org/dan
Multiple “generations” of Timothy Two training are taking place in Peru! On my latest trip to Lima, Peru, I taught the fourth Timothy Two workshop. During the workshop, one of the participants, Pastor Luis Rojas Espinoza, told me that he, in turn, had trained others in his church using the Timothy Two materials, and that they, in turn, are now using Timothy Two materials to train leaders in small village churches in the Peruvian jungle.
(Above) Generation 1 groups that Beth and I trained in Pamplona Alta (Lima area)
(Above) Generation 2 group that Pastor Luis trained in his church in the Lima area
(Above) Part of the generation 3 group that Juanfrancisco Castro Medina is helping to train in the Peruvian jungle
(Above) Generation 3 churches in two jungle villages whose leaders are being trained using Timothy Two workshop materials by Pastor Luis, his wife Lily and others
These comments were voiced at the conclusion of Workshop 1, “Knowing God” for pastors and “Developing Children’s Ministry” for children’s ministry leaders in Palmira, Cuba.
- “This material is easy to understand and deep.”
- “To gather material of this type is complicated, lots of work, this is a good tool.”
- “I like the dynamic in the meeting. Other conferences are ok, but this is superior.”
- “It is good to hear from one another, we encourage and edify one another.”
- “It is not just an intellectual meeting, it is edification.”
- “Most methods are merely listening with few opportunities to interact, this method includes much discussion.”
These testimonials were written at the conclusion of Workshop 1, “Knowing God,” in La Romana, Dominican Republic.
JEAN HERARD PIERRE LOUIS. “There is a Proverb in Creol that says knowledge is a blessing. Knowing something about God, that means you have more blessing from him. Therefore, I give praise to the Lord for being part of this workshop. I learned many things about God. May God bless you and give you a longer life…with all your family. We love you in Jesus’ name.”
CHARLES PHILOGENE. “First, I give thanks to the Lord for the workshop. I learned a lot about Scripture, so thanks to God. I am more self-confident about what I know from God through you. Bless you so deep Pastor Dan and your family.”
NELSON MARIE GUELDINE. “It’s a grace and a great blessing for me to have the privilege to increase my knowledge about my true God. Bless you, Pastor.”
A number of participants shared their thoughts and feelings after completing the series of four pastors’ workshops in Santa Tecla, El Salvador.
“I give thanks to the Lord and to the brothers and sisters that are part of Timothy Two, God bless them all. And to the many collaborators and missionaries that are spreading this teaching around the world. I want to share what this workshop has done for us. It brings a lot of knowledge in the Word of God to every student. These are some of the things I have learned:
- I have learned to worship God, to be in love with Him, and that causes us to be more willing to obey, and we praise Him.
- I have learned how to guide a group of people under my charge. It has caused us to put in order the work of God, and it has taught me the requirements that every leader must have.
- I have learned how to evangelize non-believers, and also about the spiritual gifts we have received from the Lord. This workshop challenges me with the help of God to serve others with love.
- I thank all the sisters and brothers – my fellow participants in the class – because by being in the workshop together we have learned from each other.”
“In my personal experience, the Timothy Two seminar has helped me to teach my daughter’s father (he was not a believer). But now, by the grace of God, he attends church, he is now a member of the congregation with us and is receiving doctrinal studies in our church. Now he supports my every activity in the church I am involved in and he is participating, too. The seminars have been a great blessing to my life and my family. I have a lot to teach my little daughter, who is now 6 years old, about walking with God and about the work of the Lord. It has been a great tool to teach in my church with the young people. In fact there are new youth leaders that are being equipped with this knowledge though this material. I have been using it also to train teachers from Sunday school in our church. By this means we are spreading the teaching we have received and the teachers can share this with the children they have in Sunday school.”
Educación Bíblica Para el Mundo Gratuita
El Ministerio Tercer Milenio proporciona educación cristiana a pastores y a líderes de iglesias alrededor del mundo que carecen de entrenamiento suficiente para el ministerio. Nosotros satisfacemos esta necesidad por medio de la publicación y distribución a nivel mundial de un currículo de seminario gratuito multimedia digital en inglés, árabe, chino (mandarín), ruso y español. El plan de estudios está diseñado para ser utilizado como apoyo en escuelas ya existentes, así como por grupos e individuos partículares. Consta de tres elementos centrales: vídeos gráficos, material impreso y recursos de Internet.
Cliquez ici pour des cours de théologie gratuits en français en
MP4 (résolution normale) MP4 (haute résolution) MP3 Word PDF
… mettre une théologie valable à la disposition des pasteurs, des responsables d’église et des laïcs. … un outil dynamique et puissant pour former les dirigeants chrétiens. Nous sommes heureux de présenter ces traductions françaises de notre matériel, complétées par notre partenariat avec Huguenot Heritage.
Click here for French theology resources in
MP4 (résolution normale) MP4 (haute résolution) MP3 Word PDF
…making sound theology available to pastors, church leaders and lay people. …a dynamic and powerful tool to train Christian leaders. We are happy to present these French translations of our materials completed through our partnership with Huguenot Heritage.
- Le Symbole des Apôtres (The Apostles’ Creed)
- Nous croyons en Dieu (We Believe in God)
- Nous croyons en Jésus (We Believe in Jesus)
- Qu’est-ce que l’homme? (What is Man?)
- Le royaume et l’alliance dans le Nouveau Testament (Kingdom and Covenant in the New Testament)
- Le royaume et l’alliance dans le Nouveau Testament (Kingdom and Covenant in the New Testament)
- Les Évangiles (The Gospels)
- L’Épître aux Hébreux (The Book of Hebrews)
- Apocalypse de Jean (The Book of Revelation)
- Plus (More)…
The soundtrack “Dubakupado” is licensed under a Creative Commons License. http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100834Artist: http://incompetech.com/
Timothy Two Project, International exists to serve a critical need around the world. We are committed to equipping and training indigenous pastors and ministry leaders with the essential truths of the Christian faith so that they can train others. This way, the mandate from Christ in the Great Commission to “make disciples” can be accomplished in areas of the world where there is little or no formal biblical and theological training available.
Independence, Belize. Seven pastors and ministry leaders representing four local churches completed the fourth and final workshop this week and received Certificates in Biblical and Theological Foundations from Timothy Two Project International.
Pastor Leonel De La Rosa of Bella Vista, Abraham Ac of Medina Bank, and Pastor Epifanio Chun, Jr., Erla Paquiul, Thelma V. Peters, Mary Pearl Rivas and Steve Kohl of Independence have completed the “Growing in Grace” series of workshops.
In this series, they studied and discussed the Biblical doctrines of God, man, Christ, the Holy Spirit, and salvation. In addition, they investigated the Bible’s teachings in practical theology concerning relationships, social issues and personal issues as well as service to God in the church, the community and the world.
They are now equipped to teach these workshops to others within their churches, communities and surrounding regions. In addition to teaching these workshops in their own churches, Pastor Chun, Jr. hopes to teach ministry leaders in more southern parts of Belize, and Pastor De La Rosa hopes to teach other pastors in neighboring Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
This series of workshops was taught by Timothy Two Instructor and Latin America Regional Director, Rev. Dan Sonnenberg, was coordinated by missionary Steve Kohl and held at Global Outreach Mission’s Dental Clinic.
I will be teaching Workshop 4 in Independence, BELIZE February 11-16 with the group in the first photo coordinated by Steve Kohl.
I will be teaching Workshop 1 in Las Tunas, CUBA March 18-23 with a new group of pastors in a new city coordinated by Leo and Esdras in the second photo.
Please keep me in your prayers. Support my work in eleven cities in nine Latin American countries http://bit.ly/2LvuTby.
See how Timothy Two is training pastors and children’s ministry leaders in Asia, Africa and Latin America
What is a “National Missionary Partner” and what do they do?
A Timothy Two “National Missionary Partner” is an indigenous pastor who has always lived in Asia, Africa or Latin America, who has completed the series of four Timothy Two workshops, and who is then sent to other towns and cities in his own country to teach those workshops to other groups of pastors. We call them “national” missionaries because they serve among their own people. By contrast, others of us would be referred to as “international” missionaries because we serve in many countries throughout a particular region. We call these pastors missionary “partners” because they extend our ability to reach other pastors within each country. They have contacts in other regions, cities and towns who also need these workshops.
The advantages of National Missionary Partners
There are three definite advantages to having National Missionary Partners work with us: 1) their travel expenses are lower than ours because they
are able to use local means of transportation instead of flying ; 2) there is no need or expense for an interpreter because they already speak the local language; and, 3) they are already familiar with the people and their culture so that the teaching is properly contextualized.
The funding of National Missionary Partners
You can now make donations online or by check for the work of our National Missionary Partners in Latin America (Cuba, Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Belize, Peru, Chile), East and Central Africa, North India, and Myanmar. These donations will fund all the Partners in each region on an “as needed” basis coordinated by the Regional Directors: Bryan Slater – Africa; Steve Curtis – Asia; and, Dan Sonnenberg – Latin America.
You can “adopt” a Region
Thus, you can virtually “adopt” a Region to financially support the work of all the National Missionary Partners there. It is much less expensive to send national pastors than it is to send someone from the USA. Thus, a donation of $45 provides one workshop for one pastor. $450 provides one workshop for 10-12 pastors. $1800 provides a complete series of four workshops for 10-12 pastors. With every donation, you are helping to train pastors in the fundamentals of the faith and providing the materials they can use to train others in their own churches, cities, and nation. We thank God for these Partners who are willing to put in the extra time and effort to train fellow pastors among their own people. And we thank you for your prayers and financial support on their behalf.
“And they sang a new song, saying, ‘Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.”‘ (Revelation 5:9-10)
Lima, Peru. A testimonial from local pastor, church planter and Timothy Two workshop coordinator, Reynaldo Rubio.
It’s the first days of September 2018. Our teacher of the Timothy Two workshop, Dan Sonnenberg, is teaching the third workshop for leadership in the Republic of Peru.
Thanks for Timothy Two
Thank God for the ministry Timothy Two. We continue with the time of biblical and theological training for several pastors and leaders of Pamplona and Lima South. The theme of this third workshop is practicing the life of the kingdom: family, church, the world, government, divorce, homosexuality, abortion, work, money, votes, fear, disease, pain, suicide and death. It’s the third workshop of four seasons of training. We thank Timothy Two for its willingness to contribute to us. It will be a time of much blessing.
Main causes of poverty in Peru
With about eight million people living in some kind of poverty, Peru can be considered an impoverished country. While poverty can be found throughout the country, most people living in extreme poverty reside in rural areas. Poverty exists around the world as a result of many different reasons. Here are three broad, but influential causes of poverty in Peru:
Being located in a seismic area, Peru is being constantly whipped by earthquakes. In addition to earthquakes, Peruvians also suffer from a large amount of floods, landslides and droughts. All these natural disasters have different ways of impacting the people of the country. With the environment of Peru altered by nature, agriculture can be slow as a result, therefore damaging the country’s economy and the food security of people. The damage that natural disasters leave on houses and cities also tend to damage the economy, as more money is needed for repairs.
The division between rich and poor
In Peru, there is a wall that divides the rich and poor of the country, literally. The Capital of Lima is divided into two parts: the poor and the rich. The rich are so serious about keeping their side inhabited by the rich who require them to show an id card to get in. According to Business Insider, a wealth gap between rich and poor is not beneficial to the economy. With an extreme division like there is in Lima, the poor will probably remain poor as people who could help them are practically imprisoned.
The inequality that women face
Peruvian women earn 30 percent less than men in the workplace. They are also subject to sexual violence and murder. In an attempt to achieve equality, women have participated in marches to defend their rights. If women are better treated and more opportunities are provided, they will have more to offer economically and essentially they will be able to provide for them and their families to a greater extent.
Hope for the future
Despite all these causes of poverty in Peru, some progress has been made. Overall poverty in the country decreased 1.1 percent from 2015 to 2016. Fortunately, Peru will continue to address poverty and eliminate some of the causes.
God has blessed me with the opportunity to teach women and men how to work more effectively with their children in Latin America. Though much of this region is more advanced than some other parts of the world, they are still very much influenced by old world Catholicism in their ways and its views of Christianity. Many of the Latin American countries teach their children in a traditional manner, that is, with the teacher telling a story and the children sitting and listening.
In our workshop for children’s ministry leaders, we introduce the concept of active learning and train participants to involve the children in the learning process using activities, puppets, play acting, music and games which involve all three learning styles. We also teach tried and true methods of lovingly disciplining children so their classes can be run more effectively. Introducing them to the concept of team-teaching also helps encourage potential new teachers and makes teaching easier by sharing the load.
Haiti has a mix of voodoo and ancestor worship that taints their Christianity. We are pleased to bring solid theology to the churches there. The first Timothy Two workshop for pastors and ministry leaders, “Knowing God,” is used to create a curriculum for children. As teachers and children study the attributes of God they can know Him and worship Him more fully. Helping teachers learn to study God’s word, showing them what materials are available to help in their teaching, giving them information about how children can be taught more effectively at a young age and modelling new teaching styles brings excitement to a task often viewed as challenging to many adults.
I have had the privilege of ministering to teachers in Havana and Palmira, Cuba; Lima, Peru; and, Jacmel, Haiti so far. We also have invitations to teach in new locations in Haiti, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Argentina and Brazil. It brings me great joy to teach children’s ministry leaders who desire to learn and to see the joy in their faces as they learn that teaching children can be a positive, exciting and rewarding experience which can produce much fruit.
What a privilege to teach people who desire to learn and improve their skills. Many of the places we go have very limited resources and it is often overwhelming to see the needs there. I find comfort in knowing that you with your support and Dan and I in our service can help influence and educate God’s precious people in Latin America. Many often feel forgotten by God because of their neediness. When you send missionaries you show that God has not forgotten them and that you care about them. We may not be able to give them a lot of money but we can share what we have learned. That makes a world of difference to those we visit. You care, we care and most importantly GOD cares. Our prayer for each of the countries we visit is that they will use these teaching skills to reach out into their communities and bring in the harvest that is all around them. Thank you so much for your part in what we do. We can’t go without your prayers and support!
Ressources françaises des Ministères du Troisième Millénaire.
French Resources from Third Millenium Ministries.
Nous sommes heureux de vous présenter ces traductions françaises de notre matériel réalisées grâce à notre partenariat avec Huguenot Heritage.
Las lecciones de seminario de Ministerio Tercer Milenio están disponibles en línea en los formatos de video, audio y texto. Las lecciones son completamente gratuitas para ser descargadas y para verse en línea. Las lecciones descargables pueden ser copiadas gratuitamente y distribuidas. Los DVDs también están disponibles. El Ministerio Tercer Milenio también ofrece clases en línea para ser usadas por estudiantes, maestros e instituciones.
- Our Calling: 2 Timothy 2:2, “…what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
- Our Mission: To train local pastors and church leaders in developing nations in the essential doctrines of the faith and to equip them to train others.
- Our Vision: To see the global church of Jesus Christ equipped for the effective ministry of the gospel throughout the world, irrespective of geographical, cultural, financial or political challenges.
- Our Curriculum: Timothy Two Curriculum: Growing in Grace Series Table of Contents lists the theological topics we teach in the four workshops.
- Financial Accountability: Timothy Two is an evangelical, Reformed ministry, organized as a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, non-profit missions organization, accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- Visit us/Donate: Timothy Two Project International
We teach the fundamentals of the faith to pastors and ministry leaders in over 35 countries around the world who do not have access to seminary training due to their location, work or finances so that they can teach others and thus strengthen the Church.
What we teach in the four courses of our curriculum:
- God’s Attributes (Theology Proper). God is Trinity, self-existent, infinite, eternal, unchanging, self-sufficient, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, great, sovereign, all-wise, good, loving, gracious, jealous, just, true and holy.
- Salvation (Anthropology, Christology, Soteriology, Pneumatology). What is man, sin, depravity? Who is Jesus: the God-man, his state of humiliation, his state of exaltation, as Prophet, as Priest, as King? What is election, salvation, regeneration, faith, repentance, atonement, redemption, justification, adoption, baptism of the Spirit, sanctification, perseverance and glorification?
- Practicing Kingdom Living in Relationships, Social Issues and Personal Issues (Practical Theology 1). What does the Bible say about husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, children, friends, church, the world, government/authority, divorce, sexual sin, homosexuality, abortion, work, money, oaths and vows, fear, sickness, grief, suicide and death?
- Serving God in the Church, Community and World (Practical Theology 2). Serving God as pastor, elder, deacon, teacher, in cell groups, men’s ministries, women’s ministries, youth ministries, children’s ministries, through worship, hospitality, giving, by meeting material needs of others, promoting justice, working unto the Lord, living as “salt and light,” through prayer, through humility, by sending missionaries, by going as missionaries, discerning your call to serve.
For more information: http://www.timothytwo.org
Click the link below. Stories, pictures and videos from my second teaching trip to Haiti
Report on my second trip to train pastors and Beth’s first trip to train children’s ministry leaders in Peru, and my upcoming trip to Haiti.
Read about my first teaching trips to these countries.
Read about our continuing work in Havana, Cuba and our new work in Palmira-Cienfuegos (central Cuba).
Read about my second and third workshops in Belize.