Sermon by Daniel L. Sonnenberg | July 6, 2014
Theme: Those to whom the truth about Jesus has been revealed are encouraged to enjoy the benefits of being his followers.
- In Jr. High, I was a clumsy boy
- And to make it worse, the steps of the stairways in our school had front edges made of steel which made them strong but slippery.
- So I frequently slipped on them going up the stairs. When I did, because I was holding my books in my arms, they went flying everywhere.
- It was embarrassing.
- The cool kids looking on did nothing to help, they just laughed at how clumsy and uncool I was.
- Jesus had been preaching the good news of the coming kingdom of God, but some were acting like spoiled children saying, “We played the flute for you and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.”
- Nothing he did would please them.
- Why? Bc they didn’t think they needed salvation.