Wisly Denis, a pastor I trained several years ago in La Romana, now serves as our National Missionary Partner in the Dominican Republic. He and his son-in-law, Anthony Silvestre Villegas, traveled once again to Bávaro, this time, to train pastors and ministry leaders with Timothy Two’s Workshop #4, “Serving God.” And Wisly awarded certificates of completion to fourteen participants who completed all four four-day workshops.
See pictures below of the Bávaro group with their certificates and passing out the lunch meal.
This was made possible by the generosity of supporters like you. To make a donation to support the work of our National Missionary Partners please click here.
Your donation provides workbooks for each participant in their own language that they can use to train others, a lunch meal for each day of the workshop, as well as transportation for Wisly and Anthony to travel to the city and accommodations while they are there.
Testimonials from the Participants
- We all enjoyed the last workshop. May honor and praise belong to the highest God.
- We congratulate the workshop instructor (Wisly) and the organization of Timothy Two for their support. This is the type of training that the churches need nowadays to serve our God much better. Our main purpose now is to keep praying to God so that you might provide to us even more resources.
Topics in TTPI’s “Growing in Grace” Series of Workshops
- Knowing God: His Divine Attributes (Theology Proper). God is Trinity, self-existent, infinite, eternal, unchanging, self-sufficient, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, great, sovereign, all-wise, good, loving, gracious, jealous, just, true and holy.
- Loving God: Transformed from Darkness to Light (Anthropology, Christology, Soteriology, Pneumatology). The doctrine of man, sin and depravity. The doctrine of Christ: Jesus as the God-man, his state of humiliation, his state of exaltation, his role as Prophet, as Priest, as King and his atonement. Soteriology and pneumatology: election, effective calling, regeneration, repentance, faith, justification, adoption, baptism of the Spirit, sanctification, perseverance and glorification.
- Trusting God: Practicing Kingdom Living in Relationships, Social Issues and Personal Issues (Practical Theology 1). What the Bible says about husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, children, friends, church, the world, government authority, divorce, sexual sin, homosexuality, abortion, work, money, oaths and vows, fear, sickness, grief, suicide and death.
- Serving God: Serving in the Church, the Community and the World (Practical Theology 2). Serving God as a pastor, elder, deacon, teacher, in cell groups, men’s ministries, women’s ministries, youth ministries, children’s ministries, through worship, hospitality, giving, by meeting material needs of others, promoting justice, working unto the Lord, living as “salt and light,” through prayer, through humility, by sending missionaries, by going as missionaries, discerning your call to serve.