Daniel L. Sonnenberg, Regional Director for Timothy Two Project International in Latin America
Panama Youth Workshop 1
On three consecutive Saturdays in June and July, I taught these youth leaders ranging in age from 14 to 50 and representing seven churches of the Evangelical Missionary Union (UMEP) located in four different regions of Panama.
See my Facebook post about this workshop with video clips of participants speaking in their discussion groups.
We studied together Timothy Two’s Workshop 1, “Knowing God” on the subject of the attributes of God. I was joined by two leaders of the denomination, Jairo Diaz and Victor Moreno, and two interpreters, Herbert Portan and Ana Carolina Platero de Romero. These four led the small group discussions on each topic.
The next workshop for this group is scheduled for three Saturdays in August and September. They will study Timothy Two’s Workshop 2, “Loving God,” on the doctrines of humanity, Christ and salvation.
These workshops are made possible by the generosity of supporters like you. Donations provide workbooks for every participant in their own language as well as an interpreter each day. To make a donation, click here timothytwo.org/dan. And please keep us in your prayers. Thank you!
Upcoming Workshop Schedule for Dan and Beth Sonnenberg
- Aug 20 – Sep 3: PANAMA Youth via Zoom (Dan) Workshop #2
- Sep 5: Villa Nueva, GUATEMALA (Beth) Children’s Leaders Workshop
- Sep 5: Villa Nueva, GUATEMALA (Dan) Pastors Workshop #4
- Oct 9: Cojutepeque, EL SALVADOR (Dan) Pastors Workshop #4
- Nov 1: Cartagena, COLOMBIA (Beth) Children’s Leaders Workshop
- Nov 1: Cartagena, COLOMBIA (Dan) Re-Forma Pastors Workshop
- Nov 12 – 26: PANAMA Youth via Zoom (Dan) Workshop #3
Topics in TTPI’s “Growing in Grace” Series of Workshops
- Knowing God: His Divine Attributes (Theology Proper). God is Trinity, self-existent, infinite, eternal, unchanging, self-sufficient, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, great, sovereign, all-wise, good, loving, gracious, jealous, just, true and holy.
- Loving God: Transformed from Darkness to Light (Anthropology, Christology, Soteriology, Pneumatology). The doctrine of man, sin and depravity. The doctrine of Christ: Jesus as the God-man, his state of humiliation, his state of exaltation, his role as Prophet, as Priest, as King and his atonement. Soteriology and pneumatology: election, effective calling, regeneration, repentance, faith, justification, adoption, baptism of the Spirit, sanctification, perseverance and glorification.
- Trusting God: Practicing Kingdom Living in Relationships, Social Issues and Personal Issues (Practical Theology 1). What the Bible says about husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, children, friends, church, the world, government authority, divorce, sexual sin, homosexuality, abortion, work, money, oaths and vows, fear, sickness, grief, suicide and death.
- Serving God: Serving in the Church, the Community and the World (Practical Theology 2). Serving God as a pastor, elder, deacon, teacher, in cell groups, men’s ministries, women’s ministries, youth ministries, children’s ministries, through worship, hospitality, giving, by meeting material needs of others, promoting justice, working unto the Lord, living as “salt and light,” through prayer, through humility, by sending missionaries, by going as missionaries, discerning your call to serve.
Categories: Articles, Timothy Two Project International
Leave a Reply